Prayer & Support
Indian Run United Methodist Church believes it is of vital importance to show the radical hospitality of Christ in our care for one another. When additional care is required, the Care Ministry Team addresses unique life circumstances. We walk together through times of celebration as well as times of despair. In so doing we strive to show the world a healthy model of Christian love and Christian living.
Here are some ways the Care Ministry Team wants to support the congregation:
- We want to support our Pastor in his response to persons who have emergency situations as well as scheduled surgeries;
- we also want to hear about our brothers and sisters in Christ who are temporarily, or for longer term, home or care center bound. We want to send cards, pray for our loved ones and their families, visit if desired, and arrange for a Prayer Quilt when appropriate.
- We want to be made aware of the loss of a loved one, not only in our own congregation, but of family members or close friends of church members so that we can respond with cards, caring thoughts and prayers.
- We want our men and women in the military to know that we continue to be with them in thought and prayer and to remind them of this fact with regular cards, devotional materials, and periodic care packages.
- In the fall and spring, we ask for the names and addresses of our college students as, twice a year, Care Packages will be sent to each of them with love and encouragement from our congregation. At this critical time in their lives, we want them to KNOW their God and their church is thinking of them.
- And YES, we DO want to share in the joy of life’s celebrations: marriages, births, graduations, honors, special God moments you have received, and other happy life events as well.
We invite YOU to help be our EYES and EARS so we may all share the love of Christ to members and visitors in our faith community. We are each so very blessed, help us bless others. When you have news to share, in addition to contacting our pastor, you may contact our Co-Chairs of the Care Ministry Team: Linda Lanich, firstname.lastname@example.org and Shirley Vannatta, email@example.com, or Alice Gulker, Director of Care Ministry, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the church office, 614-889-7728.